Struttin'

Struttin'
Keeping an eye on things!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Welcome to my blog!

Hello and welcome to my blog! Over the next few months I hope to share my experiences of raising and caring for chickens and ducks in my back yard with you. Let's start out by introducing you to my birds. The oldest is Psyche, pronounced sigh-key. She is a one year old Americauna named after the Greek woman who believed herself to be more beautiful than Aphrodite, the Goddess of Beauty. (You can thank my brother for naming her). Next in line is Puddle, a Cayuga duck.  He is one month younger than Psyche and actually belongs to my sister. Then there is the unlikely trio consisting of; Pelo, a one month old Crested Runner duck, Heeby, a 2 1/2 week old Production Red chick, and Jeeby, a 2 1/2 week old Buff Orpington chickSince they have been housed together for the last two weeks, these three are inseparable. We have yet to find out if Psyche will accept the babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Comments and suggestions always welcome.